Erectile Dysfunction in Elderly Men: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
Erectile dysfunction in men or impotence is inability to achieve or maintain erection. If this condition for a man lasts more than four months, then this also speaks of this disorder. When the first symptoms appear, you should seek advice of a specialist who will prescribe proper and effective treatment.
Causes and Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction in Men
The main reasons for erectile dysfunction are:
- constant nervous tension, stress;
- negative impact of the environment;
- diseases of genitourinary system;
- diseases associated with nervous disorders;
- bad habits – smoking, drinking alcohol;
- operations that were carried out on organs of small pelvis;
- damage to inter-vertebral disc;
- disturbances that occur in circulation of pelvic organs;
- admission of hormonal drugs, antidepressants and other drugs;
- age-related changes.
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction:
- absence of adequate and spontaneous erection. It is considered the first and main sign of the disease.
- weak erection. Erection becomes rare and penis becomes less firm during sexual intercourse.
- premature ejaculation. It is organic in nature and is associated with vascular disturbance.
In most cases, it is believed that erectile dysfunction in men occurs due to unfavorable psychological factors, and also as a result of age.
In older men, this condition is not considered a deviation from the norm. If a man has the above deviations, then you should immediately contact a specialist and begin urgent treatment. Also, to avoid such deviation, it is worthwhile to undertake preventive measures.
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Men with Drugs
Currently, Texas Chemist offes many different methods for treatment of erectile dysfunction in men who are able to regain erection and maintain it in good condition. Psychologist helps to get rid of mental disorders, which negatively affect sexual life.
In treatment of impotence, elderly and young men use inhibitors: Viagra, Levitra, Cialis. These drugs are able to regulate outflow of blood in penis. Enzyme entering bloodstream stimulates erection. But it is worthwhile to understand, if a patient has mental problems, then these drugs will not bring any positive effect.
Also these inhibitors are recommended for men who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. But before starting therapy in this situation, preliminary consultation of a specialist is necessary. You should never engage in self-treatment and diagnosis.
Also these inhibitors have contraindications, which are necessarily taken into account in the appointment:
- you can not combine treatment with other drugs that have nitrates in composition;
- do not take inhibitors with drugs that support cardiac activity;
- do not take inhibitors with drugs that are recommended for treatment of impaired liver and kidney function;
- do not take inhibitors if you have low blood pressure.
If you do not follow these recommendations, then it can have negative consequences:
- headache and dizziness;
- hot flashes;
- elevated body temperature;
- vision and hearing impairment.
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Men with Viagra, Levitra, Cialis
Treatment and dosage is prescribed exclusively by doctor. Do not engage in self-treatment and diagnosis.
Dosage can be adjusted depending on indications, well-being and age – in elderly men dosage will always be lower.
- Viagra. It is considered the most common, popular and affordable drug for treatment of erectile dysfunction. For treatment to have positive effect, it is necessary to follow doctor’s recommendations. Viagra is taken half an hour before sexual intercourse. It can not be taken more than once a day. Duration of the drug – no more than 4 hours. If you combine the drug with food, then action will come much later. Previously, Texas Chemist conducted studies that reviewed effect of the drug on men with multiple sclerosis. As a result, most patients began to experience improvement in erection.
- Levitra. It is recommended to take one hour before sexual intercourse. You can not use it more than once a day. Duration of the drug – no more than 4 hours. If there are contraindications it is necessary to inform doctor about it. To get positive result from treatment, you must follow doctor’s recommendations.
- Cialis. It is recommended to take half an hour before sexual intercourse. The drug is effective for two hours after ingestion. Some men had positive effect up to a day and a half, which can lead to spontaneous sex. If a man expects to have sex more than once a week, then doctor adjusts dosage downward.
Independent, Conservative and Surgical Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in Men
Most men, especially elderly, report that erectile dysfunction was caused by multiple sclerosis or other pathological processes occurring in male body. Therefore, they prefer to seek help from electronic media and World Wide Web, rather than from a qualified specialist.
Many prefer this method of treatment due to anonymity. It is worthwhile to understand that you can get caught by charlatans who will only pull money and sell inefficient drugs. Therefore, you need to take great caution and attention. Since drugs of questionable quality and origin can not help but only hurt.
Also, you can incorrectly prescribe yourself a dosage or combine those drugs that unfavorably interact with each other.
As for reliability of information on safety of purchased drugs via the Internet, it is very doubtful.
It is not always known what is contained in such miraculous preparations, so you can purchase a «cat in a poke». Therefore, do not be shy about your problem and always contact a specialist for qualified help. He will help you choose the drug for you and your situation and prescribe proper and safe treatment.
Conservative treatment should be determined by a doctor.
One of the following methods is selected:
- treatment based on preparations-inhibitors of type 5;
- treatment based on hormone replacement therapy. It is prescribed in cases when erection disorder was caused by hormonal failure;
- treatment based on vacuum therapy. In this situation, a pump for penis is used. Vacuum stimulates flow of blood;
- treatment with Alprostadil. Improves flow of blood to penis;
- treatment based on sex therapy;
- treatment is based on psychological counseling.
As for surgical treatment, it is prescribed to those patients for whom other treatments were ineffective, and it was proved that there was a violation of blood supply to male sexual organ.
If a man has venous or arterial insufficiency, then surgical treatment can be applied – phalloprosthetics. In elderly people, reduction of erection is caused by statins, which has been scientifically proven and published in scientific journals. But the result can be improved with the help of drugs – Viagra, Cialis or Levitra. Also, statins are not recommended for those patients who do not have symptoms of cardiovascular abnormalities, and also if erectile dysfunction was caused by psycho-emotional disorders.